Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stephen Bogner Birth Announcement (February 1960)

Here is a little gem from my past, which I thought it would be fun to share on the occasion of my 50th birthday!

First, I need to tell the story of how this item came into my possession.  I went to the "Terry Family Reunion" at Evergreen Campgrounds, near Havre, Montana in July 2009.  With the passage of almost all of my grandfather Lowell Terry's generation, this reunion has now become more about my mother's cousins getting together. Someone brought in a box of old cards and photographs to distribute to some of the cousins at the reunion, and in this box they found the following:


 

 

So here we have the original announcement of my birth, 50 years later!  How cool is that!

The card and envelope is in the handwriting of my mother,  Frances (Terry) Bogner.  Interestingly, it is postmarked in Fort Benton, Montana (postage due!), instead of in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta where I was born and where mom and dad were living at the time.  When I asked mom about this, she said that she had prepared the announcement cards, and then sent them with my Uncle Donald Bogner since he was going back to Fort Benton, and at that time it would be cheaper for stamps to mail them in the US, rather than Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment